While The Future of X think tank sessions know no designated panelists, we invite seasoned and fresh innovators, entrepreneurs who are currently monetizing the changing landscape, marketers and representatives from within the industry as well as investors who provide the capital that moves the needle. Here are some of the lead participants.
Others with notable advertising industry roles have registered to attend, but have not yet opted for or provided details for listing as lead participants. We also expect innovative industry outsiders to add insightful out-of-the-box thinking (which insiders can temper with the voice of experience). The idea is that the lead participants are “first among equals.” We will engage in spirited dialog, not formal presentations. This creates a unique catalytic mix that has proven to be fun, serendipitous, and productive.*
- Gonzalo Araya. Creative Principal at L7z Group. Corporate-Entrepreneur with 15+ years aligning people, process and technology across brands. Passionate-Enthusiast of the Arts, Design, Technology, Music, Fashion & Outdoors.
- Antony Chen, VP Product, Eyeview, defines product & development strategy and heads Eyeview’s innovation initiatives, developing leading-edge personalized video solutions to enable Eyeview’s partners to effectively reach consumers and achieve increased return on ad spend and sales. Antony has focused on ad personalization platforms throughout most of his online advertising career. He began his ad tech journey at Yahoo as product lead for Smart Ads, which acquired Dapper in 2010 and doubled revenues year over year during his tenure. He departed Yahoo to co-found an enterprise software startup that enables first-party data in digital advertising. At AT&T AdWorks, he led product for all digital ad platforms across display, mobile, and video. Antony holds an MBA from the Ross School of Business and a BS in Cellular and Molecular Biology from the University of Michigan.
- Jeff Einstein, Senior Residential Advisor, The Modern Group — Jeff Einstein is a true digital advertising pioneer, dating back to 1984, when he co-founded Einstein and Sandom Interactive, the nation’s first digital advertising agency. His always-contrarian advertising strategies have driven the acquisition of two agencies, the global growth of a third and a high-tech IPO, and have been featured in virtually every major business publication. He has appeared as a featured speaker at more than 200 industry events, and as a guest on dozens of radio and TV programs. His latest book –The Media Addict’s Handbook — is available now on Amazon.com in paper and Kindle editions.
- Katarina Hybenova. Founder and editor-in-chief of BushwickDaily.com, a popular site about Brooklyn’s hip neighborhood. The site reaches 55,000 unique visitors monthly, and collaborates with approx. 30 authors. Throughout three years, the site has created organic and very loyal audience following the independent cultural coverage. Katarina has experimented with numerous ways of generating revenue with her hyperlocal publication, and gained valuable knowledge of local advertising landscape. The site has managed to be profitable in the past 10 months selling display ads to mostly local businesses. Bushwick Daily is currently gearing towards launching a pro version of the site for its most loyal readers, and businesses.
- Gregg Lange, Principal, Lange/Media — Gregg Lange has consulted for twenty-five years with media companies in a range of advertising and underwriting-supported industry segments, creating and distributing content on multiple platforms. He has also worked with companies involved in commercial production, placement and tracking services, as well as with senior management regarding industry alliances and strategy. His media clients have ranged from commercial distributors such as NBC, CBS and Discovery Networks to significant not-for-profits like NPR, the Australian Broadcasting Company and the IEEE.
- Craig Mowry, Founder and CEO, Emulation LLC — Craig Mowry’s imaging and Social Advertising inventions power many popular products today. As founder and CEO of Emulation LLC, Mowry’s current ventures address issues of user privacy while delivering enhanced consumer targeting and information relevance. “People Like Pete” is Mowry’s member controlled advertising platform that will soon be introduced.
- Ron Robinson, Founder and CEO BeautyStat LLC. He is a veteran product development executive who has worked for such leading beauty companies as The Estée Lauder Companies, L’Oreal, Avon Products and Revlon Products. He’s the founder of BeautyStat.com, a NYC tech startup that is an online beauty community and social marketing agency for the beauty industry. It has been featured in Womens Wear Daily, New York Times, Forbes Magazine, NBC and CBS News. The strength of BeautyStat.com is its captive, engaged and influential 200,000+ community, 190+ blogger network and 40 million social network reach. BeautyStat.com works with beauty brands, retailers and PR agencies to connect them to the BeautyStat community for online PR events, advertising and rich consumer insights.
- Robyn Streisand, CEO of The Mixx — Robyn, a 30-year veteran in the world of Marketing, started The Mixx in her apartment with a phone and her desk. She saw an opportunity to bring strategy, creative and execution to Fortune 500 brands using her passion for marketing as a driving force behind her journey to success. Starting her career on the client side, she saw what was missing for herself as a marketer and seized the opportunity to provide solutions that were based in stellar customer service. 18 years later The Mixx is now a full-service marketing agency that offers a wide array of services across industry, media and audience segment.
- Marisa Thalberg, Vice President of Corporate Digital Marketing Worldwide for The Estée Lauder Companies. Marisa is charged with supporting the development of world class consumer engagement via digital and social marketing across the company’s collection of over 25 prestige beauty brands. Her efforts have helped propel the company to be ranked as having the highest “Digital IQ” of any global beauty company. Concurrent to her advertising and marketing career, in 2002 Marisa founded the organization and website Executive Moms (www.executivemoms.com), a leading social network and content provider to this important yet under-served audience of women. Most recently, Marisa was named by Advertising Age a “2012 Woman to Watch,” a “Digital Doyenne” by Cosmetic Executive Women (CEW) and was selected by Advertising Women of New York (AWNY) as one of their Advertising Working Mothers of the Year.